Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dream Big Even During The Recession

This week I attended the 1st Annual UPTOWN Escape, organized by the UPTOWN Magazine to launch their local version in Miami.

I got the chance to join their "Building Wealth Luncheon" with guest speaker Kelvin Boston, financial journalist and best selling author who the New York Times has referred to as an "out-spoken voice for economic empowerment". Kelvin Boston is the executive producer and host of the Moneywise with the Kelvin Boston PBS series. He is also the president of Boston Media, Inc, and author of Who’s Afraid to Be A Millionaire?


I was meeting him for the first time, and really enjoyed what he had to say. Almost all TV and radio are very negative about the economy, ok yes it is true that we are facing a recession right now, but it doesn’t mean that everybody needs to freak out. Financial professionals and investors know that recession it usually the best time to get the best deals. I am actually in the process of acquiring my second condo - less than 12 months after the 1st one in Miami - and most people tell me it is not the good time. But Kelvin reinforced my decision and boosted my motivation. He also mentioned that we never had so many millionaires and billionaires than in the last few years, and by the end of the recession, the number will be even greater. So don’t let the media and other people stress you. Just shoot for your goals, THE BIGGER THE BETTER, and thinks will happen, no doubt about it.

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.