Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The right service to the right client

Wow, what a week! Monday I am back to school. They run everyday of the week from 9.00am to 6.00pm, straight through Sunday evening. For more than a year, I have become more and more involved in Real Estate investment and I've also had so many demands for vacation rentals in Miami from my French clients that it became obvious that I should learn more about the topic.

When I started my first business in Paris in 1998, I wanted to be a virtual assistant. I started promoting my business as a VA, but most of the demands were for telemarketing. From my sales background, I realized that it is not always what you are selling that brings in the client, but rather what the clients want and need.

It was the same when I started Biba4Network in 2003. My first thought was to work only with American small business owners. At the beginning I even refused for a while to work with French people, because it was not the business I wanted. However, a year later, I realized that the demands was so important that I couldn’t continue to turn clients away. Today my French consulting firm, My French Network, represents 80% of my business.

So, It is very important to listen to your clients and see what they need, and what they ask for, and work to resolve your clients' problems. Very often what our clients need is different from what we think at first.

That's how I landed back in school today. I learned that instead of trying to offer new services that I think are good ideas, I listen to my clients and create services or products to cater to their needs.

Make sure you listen to your clients and really know what they need. Maybe you're struggling offering, the wrong products or services, when the money is right there waiting for you, with the right services.

Need help to refocus your services? Give me just 2 hours and I will help you with new ideas to boost your business .
Schedule your consultation NOW

No comments: